April has been designated Rosacea Awareness Month for good reason. The common but poorly understood skin condition affects more than 16 million Americans, yet most of them don’t know it. That doesn’t keep them from suffering from the condition, especially the emotional pain of a chronically red and/or sometimes broken out face.
In a recent survey of 1,675 rosacea patients conducted by the National Rosacea Society, 90% said that the condition’s effect on their appearance has lowered their self-confidence and self-esteem. Eighty-eight percent reported suffering embarrassment, not to mention a whole range of other negative feelings, including, frustration, anxiety, helplessness, depres
New York City dermatologist Lisa Airan, MD, is so good at what she does that when TV talk show icon Oprah Winfrey thought her make-up artist needed a lift, she called on Airan who performed her signature non-surgical lower eyelid lift procedure on the Oprah show.
Airan also brings her healthy living philosophy to the table, providing a holistic approach to beauty and life. She advocates balance through diet, exercise, spirituality, stress reduction, and cosmetic dermatology, making her extremely popular among her clients.
She received her medical degree at Northwestern University in Chicago, and was awarded a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Scholarship at the National Instit
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY