We have all heard it a million times before; 80-90% of women have cellulite. Unfortunately, the fact that you are not alone is rarely a comfort to women who look in the mirror and hate the ripples and dimples of cellulite.
Cellulite is caused by bands of fibrous tissue that connect the muscle to the skin. If these bands are tight and the fat between the muscle and the skin is compressed, there will be a cottage cheese or orange peel look to the skin. Cellulite is a decidedly female affliction, stemming primarily from genetic predisposition, a sedentary lifestyle, hormonal changes and weight gain. Since the 1970s, numerous cellulite cures have come and gone, spreading from the bizarre ma
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY