Are your skinny lips a 2? Or are they a plump perfect 5? The Merz Aesthetic Scales can show you how your pucker rates on a scale of 1 to 5.
Carefully designed by a group of leading physicians as an innovative tool to help cosmetic doctors communicate with their patients about the various areas of the face, these scales are becoming a state-of-the-art measurement for the effects of aging on skin. The Merz Aesthetic Scales provide a common language for both patients and physicians to assess how well they are aging (or not, as the case may be).
There are 6 scales to date:
A Validated Brow Positioning Grading Scale
A Validated Grading Scale for Forehead Lines
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS