It’s not even officially summer, yet the beautymakers are well into planning fall makeup looks. The first to hit my desk is the Cinema Noir Collection from Laura Mercier, a sultry, smoky lineup inspired by Hollywood stars of the late 1940s like Ingrid Berman, Katherine Hepburn and Rita Hayworth, who were respected for their intellect and wit as well as their beauty.
The 1940s was the time when black-and-white film transitioned into color. As such, the Cinema Noir Collection features muted shades to represent the transition. Smoky mixes of teal and chocolate blend together to create a sultry eye. Updated shades of rose and mauve for the lips capture the romance of the era, but with a s
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY