I recently returned from a weekend away in Florida. It was everything I expected it to be and more — the weather was hot and steamy, I visited family and sat poolside under a striped umbrella sipping delicious, icy cocktails. I ate my fair share of freshly caught seafood and deli (hello corned beef on rye with brown mustard and a half-sour pickle on the side!). I took long walks on the beach and experienced the trendy South Beach area as well as the more refined Williams Island and Bal Harbour. Regardless of where I was and what I was doing, everywhere I looked I was surrounded by the most gorgeous coconut palm trees…and to me nothing says Florida more than that!
Which brings me to c
Winter is in full swing and so are the harsh realities of dry, cracking winter skin. Moisturizing is, of course, key, and what better way to soothe your skin than with shea butter, a naturally-derived fat that absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling? From hair to nails, lotions to face masks, shea butter is a powerful dryness fighting ingredient found in many products.
No round-up is complete without a nod to the master of shea butter brands: L’Occitane. With a wide range of body care, from its cult classic hand cream to lotions, shampoos, and condi
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY