TRADER JOE’S LAVENDER SALT SCRUB – I was on a mission for my husband’s favorite pretzels when this scrub stopped me dead in my tracks. I love a good salt scrub to exfoliate during cold-weather months, ideally applied in a spa and rinsed off with Vichy showers, but that requires time and money. Everyone says that it’s easy to make homemade scrubs but I’m just not that kind of girl, and I haven’t seen any budget-friendly scrubs with natural ingredients that seemed worth the time of day. Still, something about this generously sized jar looked promising to me. I turned it around to check out the label and was sold on the combination of sea salt, green tea extract, and sweet almond, safflower seed, lavender, grape seed, apricot kernel, avocado oils. The ingredients are on par with L’Occitane’s salt scrubs at a fraction of the cost, only $6.49. So I tossed it in my basket and went on my merry way. The moment of truth came with my next shower and I paused to give Mr. Joe props for excellent product design; unlike other scrubs, this jar has a flip-top, so there’s no need to fumble with wet hands and screwy screw tops. Genius. The contents of the jar were even better, with a great texture and fragrance. It worked wonders for my elbows and the combination of oils continued to work long after my shower, leaving my skin hydrated and supple.
FINAL VERDICT BOB (BEAUTY ON A BUDGET) – I’m a little obsessed. This scrub just became my newest shower staple.
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY