The entrepreneurial spirit behind some of our favorite beauty brands was honored by Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) at the organization’s 37th Annual Achiever Awards luncheon held on Monday, November 12, at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. The awards recognized the powerhouses behind Bond No 9, Fresh, and CoScentrix, as well as a Nordstrom executive.
“I love this event and everything it represents, honoring women from big and large companies, who have devoted their lives to the beauty industry,” stated Carlotta Jacobson, president of CEW, who spoke to a full house, even though the event had been rescheduled because of Hurricane Sandy.
Laurice Rahmé, president and founder o
You’re in the driver’s seat and beauty companies know it. At a recent symposium sponsored by The Fashion Group International, beauty executives described the ever evolving retail economy, social media universe and consumer values, and the quick lane switching they must follow to keep up. The presentation entitled, “Changing Lanes: New Model, New Distribution, New Beauty World,” took place on May 2, 2012 at the New York Hilton.
“We are losing control of our communication,” stated Mike Indursky, president of spa-product brand Bliss, referring to the power of social media and its viral potential. “There are millions of options to choose from” when choosing a media outlet to
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY