Photo Credit: istockphoto.com
Choosing the right LASIK surgeon for your procedure is one of the most important decisions that you will make. Taking the time to find a highly qualified surgeon is important to protect your investment in excellent vision.
Step 1: Gather Initial Intel
The first step is to ask friends and family members who have had LASIK about their surgeon. Would they recommend him or her? Why or why not? Your eye or primary care doctor may also have names of local surgeons who perform LASIK to share. This exercise should help generate a list of several potential LASIK surgeons.
Step 2: Perform Some Online Sleuthing
Once you have an initial list of names, it’s time to evaluate the surgeon’s cred
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY