Skin Cancer Awareness month is over but Jennifer Chwalek, MD, a board certified dermatologist and Mohs micrographic surgeon at Unionsquare Dermatology in New York City, discuses skin cancer prevention with her patients all year long.
“As a Mohs surgeon, I try to use every office visit as an opportunity to educate patients about the importance of sun protection and the warning signs of skin cancer. Most skin cancers when diagnosed early have an excellent prognosis,” she says.
There is more to her thriving practice than preventing and treating skin cancer. Chwalek is also known for her subtle aesthetic touch with Fraxel and other lasers as well as her injectable prowess and her app
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS