Photo Credit: Pexels.com
Just in time for Spring, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a proposed rule that would update regulatory requirements for many sunscreen products.This is aimed at bringing nonprescription, over-the-counter (OTC) sunscreens that are marketed without FDA-approvals up to date with the latest science. Their hope is to ensure that consumers understand the criteria for effective sun care options, active ingredients dosage forms, SPF and broad-spectrum requirements.
The FDA also proposes labeling updates to make it easier for consumers to identify key product information. Broad spectrum sunscreens with SPF of at least 15 are considered mandatory for preventing skin cancer and prote
La Roche-Posay is on a mission to save us from ourselves by changing our sun protection behavior – or lack thereof. Now in its second year, the SOS – Save Our Skin campaign has spread the message of urgency about using daily SPF all over the web to encourage regular skin checks which can save lives.
This year’s SOS – Save Our Skin campaign is all about education and skin checks. 1,995 kits containing all the tools they need to inform patients about skin checks. Plus there is a new iPhone application, “My UV Check,” which provides a daily index for UVA/UVB exposure whereever you are so you know how to protect your skin.
La Roche-Posay is generously supporting the Women’s Der
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY