There has been a major backlash during the first days of 2013 with detoxes falling hopelessly out of favor. The reasons being are several-fold: first of all, who really can give up flour, dairy, meat, fish, alcohol, and caffeine, and embrace deprivation, hunger, and kale when the previous month’s diet has consisted of a steady stream of eggnog? And on a results-driven level, does giving up everything good really help your health and ultimately, your skin?
A cautionary tale: about 12 years ago, I embarked on a four-week detox, giving up all of the above—and, as it turned out, my sense of humor. Sure, I lost weight, but not the good kind on my muffin-top. Instead I lost fat on my f
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS