From hapless, loveless nerd to handsome, cool and in love plastic surgery resident, Dr. Anthony Youn chronicles his journey through college and med school in the aptly named memoir, In Stitches. The story is a great read, full of humor, self deprecation and insight into what it takes to find your one’s way in life and medicine.
The story starts in Greenville Michigan, population 7,945, where Tony is the only Korean-American in his school and his family the only Asian family in town. His father is the town’s ob-gyn and expects both his son’s to follow in his medical footsteps, preferably as surgeons.
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS