April has been designated Rosacea Awareness Month for good reason. The common but poorly understood skin condition affects more than 16 million Americans, yet most of them don’t know it. That doesn’t keep them from suffering from the condition, especially the emotional pain of a chronically red and/or sometimes broken out face.
In a recent survey of 1,675 rosacea patients conducted by the National Rosacea Society, 90% said that the condition’s effect on their appearance has lowered their self-confidence and self-esteem. Eighty-eight percent reported suffering embarrassment, not to mention a whole range of other negative feelings, including, frustration, anxiety, helplessness, depres
Joel Schlessinger, MD, is a well-known dermatologist with a bustling practice in Omaha, Nebraska, a successful businessman who owns and operates one of the top skin caree-commerce sites in cyberspace, www.LovelySkin.com, and a prolific clinical trialist. He also has a pretty impressive curriculum vitae or CV.
Schlessinger completed a residency in pediatrics at the University of Alabama Children’s Hospital in Birmingham before doing another residency in dermatology at Barnes Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Mo. He is the past president of the Nebraska Dermatology Society, the President Emeritus of the American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Aesthe
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY