Photo Credit: Dream Ball
On September 18th, the 30th annual BeautyCares DreamBall took place at Gotham Hall in New York City to benefit the wonderful Look Good Feel Better® program that helps so many women coping with cancer. The annual gala is attended by about 500 beauty, fashion and media industry executives, making it the the largest fundraiser of the year for the Look Good Feel Better program.
This year’s DreamBall honorees included a short list of heavy hitters in media and beauty leadership, including Amy Robach, ABC News and Good Morning America, Correspondent, Lauren Brindley, Walgreens, Group Vice President & General Merchandise Manager for Beauty & Personal Care, Jamie Kern Lima, IT Cosmetics,
The saying goes that if you love your work, you’ll never work a day in your life, and that perfectly describes the passion that Jamie Kern Lima has for IT Cosmetics. The brand’s co-founder and CEO, Jamie was inspired to create the solution oriented makeup line by her own personal beauty challenges of covering up rosacea prone skin and enhancing sparse brows. She works with plastic surgeons to develop formulations toimprove skin and balance women’s needs for visual enhancement and solution oriented skin care. Here she tells Beauty in the bag how she transitioned from TV news anchor to cosmetic maven, and how she develops the best possible products.
Tell us a
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY