Miami plastic surgeon Constantino Mendieta, MD, was talking about butts – and how to enhance them – since before the Kardashian family and their curves took reality TV by storm and even before most rappers started singing their praises.
And he is not surprised about the attention that buttock augmentation procedures are getting today. In fact, he’s been waiting for it. In 2015, there was a 21% increase in butt implants and fat transfer combined, and a 32% increase in buttock lifts, according to statistics compiled yearly by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
And while popular culture has a lot to do with ushering butts into the limelight so to do advances in
Artistic Director for Matrix, Patrick McIvor is one of the top hair colorists in the industry. Over the last 27 years, he has held such positions as Color Director, International Haircolor Educator, Salon Owner, and National Technical Training Manager for companies like Clairol, Wella, and Redken 5th Avenue NYC. McIvor focuses on revolutionary haircolor techniques that inspire hairdressers to achieve great color, but also strives to provide innovative salon-based ideas and techniques to help salon professionals transform their passion for beauty into professional success.
Tell us a little bit about your background as a colorist—how did you choose th
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS