Years ago, when I was a single mom and too poor to buy a traditional hot oil hair treatment, I warmed some olive oil in a saucepan and poured it over my head. Olive oil has been used for thousands of years for a variety of purposes. Ancient Greeks not only cooked with it, they knew of its healing and beautifying properties.
To make the oil – called nature’s gold – olives are gathered and cleaned, then washed to remove pesticides and ground into paste. The paste is heated and the oil is separated from the water in a centrifuge and stored for use in cooking or commercial products. Here’s a roundup of beauty items made with this all-natural product.
PRs tout miracle creams, lotions and potions with such gusto and not-so-gentle persuasion that often it’s hard to separate the truth from the myth. With that in mind, it is not every day that you come across something that totally blows you away. As luck would have it, in the space of just a few cold and gloomy London weeks, two wonderful things have not only won back my trust in PRs but they have livened-up my hair and breathed new life into my skin.
So what has got me and the BITB gals hooked?
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS