Ah August. It’s vacation time—that wonderful time of year when we can get away with not turning on the blowdryer, sporting beachy waves, wearing sleek ponytails and pulling hair up in cute top knots. But, for many of us summer, even late summer, can be a drag on our hair with uncontrollable frizz, fried strands and washed out color.
“For your hair, summer isn’t as much fun as it is for you. It especially suffers from sun exposure, so the less additional heat you apply, the better,” says Dr. Gary L. Marder, founder of Marder Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
Here, we break down the season’s most popular hair problems and ways to keep them in top form
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY