Photo Credit: Twisted Lily
Maybe it started with designer Jean Paul Gaultier’s fragrance talk at the Brooklyn Museum, but the borough known for hipsters, farm-to-table dining, and cutting edge artists can now add niche fragrance destination to its highlights.
“We’re joining a growing neighborhood of upmarket boutiques, Nolita outposts, and restaurants near downtown Brooklyn, the Barclay Center, and transportation that’s fast becoming a destination for fragrance and niche beauty,” says Eric Weiser, co-owner of Twisted Lily Fragrance Boutique & Apothecary. Last month, Weiser and his partner, Stamatis Birsimijoglou, opened a neighborhood boutique to showcase niche, indie, and local perfumes that are toug
Photo Credit: Chanel.com
Beauty is a fickle business. Marketers, developers, formulators, and consumers are always looking for the next new texture, ingredient, delivery system, or molecule. As a result, thousands of new cosmetic products are introduced each year. In 2011, the fragrance category alone saw the launch of 1,200 new perfumes worldwide—that’s more than three a day!
Thankfully, even with all of these new launches, the beauty loving public has made sure that iconic products, including favorites dating back to the early 1900s, have not been forgotten.
Perhaps, the best example of a classic product that remains a bestseller worldwide is the timeless, feminine fragrance Chanel N°5 ($98). Launched
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS