Photo Credit: foxandjanesalon.com
I recently visited Fox + Jane Salon’s East Village Salon for a complimentary hair service of my choice. Since I’m not one to push the envelope too much — I’m usually a less is more sort of girl — I stayed away from neon hues and radical color changes and instead chose balayage, a highlighting technique that Fox + Jane has become known for.
Balayage, a French word meaning to paint, is different than traditional foil highlights in that they’re strategically painted on using a brush for soft, less noticeable regrowth lines, creating as much or as little impact as you desire. Your colorist can place them for less obvious outgrowth and give you an ombre look, do somet
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS