Although she initially thought she would pursue the corporate side of beauty, Kimara Ahnert’s professional plans changed when she took a post-college summer course in makeup artistry. A childhood love of doing makeup—inspired by her mother’s career as a doll artist—proved to still be a passion, and Kimara gave up her corporate dreams in favor of a career as a makeup artist. After gaining experience by working as an assistant to a makeup artist in New York City, she realized that she wanted to create a makeup studio where the ambiance greatly differed from the department store cosmetic counter—a goal that she achieved in 1997 with the opening of her makeup and skincare studio on M
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON