“You are probably looking at the luckiest woman in the world,” said Essie Weingarten, founder of essie, the ubiquitous brand of jaunty nail polish carried in salons around the world. Weingarten detailed her climb from bottling colors at home to selling her brand to L’Oréal at last month’s Fashion Group International (FGI) beauty symposium entitled, The Art of the Beauty Start.
Weingarten was one of five panelists who spoke about ways that small, niche beauty brands can break into the marketplace and stay above the red line. Sponsored by Self magazine and The Estée Lauder Companies, the luncheon event drew a packed crowd to the New York Hilton for insights on what makes or brea
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS