Photo Credit: facebook.com/DrBarbaraSturm
Just when you thought you had all of your skin’s bases covered by shielding it against the damaging UV rays and free radicals generated by the sun, there’s another environmental factor that could be leading to premature aging, irritation and other less-than-desirable side effects: Pollution.
From car exhaust and toxic chemicals to ozone and super-fine particles suspended in the air, research has begun to shed light on the damaging effects the indoor and outdoor worlds around us can have on our skin (especially if you live in an urban environment). The skin’s barrier seems to bear the biggest brunt from exposure to pollution, which can, in turn, lead to dehydration and increased sens
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON