Looking a bit like a cross between a small eggplant and a plum, the exotic mangosteen is one of the latest super fruits to catch the attention of the beauty industry –with good reason. Native to Southeast Asia, the mangosteen is noted for being rich in xanthones and flavonoids, powerful phytonutrients that may promote healthy bodily function, including support of the cardiovascular and immune systems. In addition, its purple rind may possess unprecedented antioxidant properties, among other benefits.
The national fruit of Thailand, the mangosteen features edible white flesh that is sweet, tangy and citrusy with a peach’s flavor and texture. Outside of Southeast Asia, it is most common
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON