Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
A Brazilian Butt Lift, commonly referred to as a BBL, is a procedure that combines liposuction and fat transfer. It is a way to sculpt the body by removing fat from the places that you don’t want it (such as the abdomen and back) and placing it in the places you do want it (such as the butt and hips). This procedure has been increasing in popularity year after year and is one of the fastest growing procedures in plastic surgery. Recent data suggests that this procedure carries the highest risk of any cosmetic procedure, with the death rate estimated to be 1 in 3000. In these unfortunate cases, the cause of death is a fat embolism, in which fat is inadvertently injected into a
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON