A new category of facial rejuvenation procedures that is attracting a lot of attention among dermatologists and plastic surgeons involves the use of human tissues. For anyone who balks at the idea of foreign substances, this expanding category includes harvesting your own fat cells, plasma rich fibrin matrix (PRFM or PRP) that is made with your own blood, and human fibroblasts from your own skin cells. Enter laViv™ (azficel-T) mylaviv.com.
The laViv technology was formerly known as Isolagen, which had a somewhat checkered past in other parts of the world, particularly in the U.K.. However, the new laViv was approved by the US FDA for aesthetic use, which the old Isolagen never was,
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON