A sleek and subtle neck, free of lines and wrinkles, is a classic sign of beauty. This has been true for thousands of years as The Bible’s Old Testament Song of Solomon claims, “Thy neck is as a tower of ivory.” Still, a beautiful neck may be one of life’s gifts that we all take for granted, until signs of aging creep in.
Unlike other body areas, the neck unfortunately is more vulnerable to gravity and aging. That’s because neck skin is especially thin, there’s less collagen to provide support, and there are fewer sebaceous glands to deliver natural suppleness. Overtime, even in thin adults, neck skin may become crepe-like and loose.
One day we may catch our reflection an
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS