Photo Credit: Depositphotos
Combine sweat, hormones and pore0-clogging beauty products, and you’ve got a recipe for breakouts and blemishes on the face and beyond. According to Dr. Sejal Shah, founder of New York City’s SmarterSkin Dermatology, “The factors that cause acne are the same regardless of location. Oil and dead skin cells block the pore and lead to P. acnes bacterial overgrowth, which causes inflammation.”
In addition to main contributors like diet and pore-clogging hair and skincare products, pressure and friction caused by tight-fitting workout gear can make matters worse by trapping dirt and sweat. Blemishes on the back are particularly bothersome come summer thanks to bathing suits, tank tops a
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS