The first signs of aging usually show on our eyes—dark circles, wrinkles and puffiness—and can make us look more fatigued and older than we really are.
Once we hit our late 20s, the delicate skin around the eyes gets thinner and looser due to the loss of collagen and elastin. Combined with years of repeated muscle movements such as squinting and laughing, as well as UV exposure, lines begin to form and over time get deeper.
Dr. Lisa M. Donofrio, a dermatologist in New Haven, CT, says her patients’ biggest complaint about their eyes “are dark circles and crepey skin.” Dark circles become more prevalent as the skin becomes thinner and capillaries under the eyes show through.
Winner of Allure magazine’s Best of Beauty Award for two consecutive years, elure is the little lotion (and cream) that could. It is a shining star in the portfolio of global laser giant Syneron Medical Ltd.
Elure is the first product that improves skin color and tone by breaking up existing melanin, the cause of brown spots and hyperpigmentation. The elure Brightening Lotion ($150) and elure Brightening Night Cream ($150) are perfect for all skin types, including sensitive skin and skin of color, and anyone who wants to avoid the harsh effects of hydroquinone and other skin brightening agents that can sting and cause redness. And for those who live in warm, tropical climates, elure doe
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY