Photo Credit: clinique.com
Dermatologists will tell you that acne is not caused by dirt or by not cleansing thoroughly, but getting rid of pore-clogging sebum and debris is key to ending the acne cycle. The next vital step is to reduce the bacteria that cause breakouts.
If your acne is severe—meaning a steady collection of inflamed pimples popping up all over your face, chest, or back—go straight to a dermatologist and do not pass go or collect $200… Hard, painful, deep cysts respond best to drugs so over-the-counter skincare products won’t work. Find a board certified dermatologist at AAD.org or ASDS.net.
When following a dermatologist’s directions or seeking over-the-counter acne treatments, keep the f
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS