You’ve got to love Dr. Jart+. The Korean dermatologist brand just about single-handedly created the worldwide BB cream phenomenon. And while the name may be a bit misleading–there is no Dr. Jart, but rather a consortium of dermatologists lead by Dr. SungJae Jung—the brand stands for quirky integrity; just check out its hipsterish and fun website.
Moving on from the realm of beauty balms and its recently launched CC Essence Balm, Dr. Jart+ just added a new moisturizer duo—Cermadin Liquid and Cream ($39; $48). You use them in tandem—the liquid first, then the cream—for what the company says will deliver 26-hour moisture.
One of the most lovable things about Dr. Jart+ is how
Niacinamide is an effective skincare ingredient that just keeps giving. A component of vitamin B3, it has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, stimulate microcirculation in the dermis, fight acne, and lighten skin discolorations. It is a potent cell-communicating ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin.
A form of niacin, known as nicotinic acid (related to niacinamide), was first found in the NIA24 skincare line. Unlike niacinamide and nicotinamide, nicotinic acid stimulates the release of
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS