Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
As far an anti-aging products go, few have been as extensively researched—and dermatologist recommended—as retinol. These members of the vitamin A family have a bevy of beauty benefits for the skin, including accelerating cellular turnover, increasing collagen production and improving the appearance of dark spots and discoloration.
According to Miami dermatologist, Leslie Baumann, MD, the anti-aging effects of retinoids (retinol’s prescription-based sibling) were discovered in the 1970s, when the ingredient was in FDA trials for treating acne. “Dr. Albert Kligman (who coined the term “cosmeceutical”) and his partner Dr. Jim Leyden noticed that their research subjects had less
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS