Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
After attending a very informative presentation with a panel of 8 prominent dermatologists and skin researchers from all over the country by the Skin of Color Society at the London New York, I learned a whole lot more about skin of color.
Some of their comments may surprise you too. For example, did you know that psoriasis scales may look purple or brown on darker skin types? Or that melasma is hereditary and more prevalent in Hispanics and other skin of color? Or that laser resurfacing can be performed safely on skin of color if you go to an expert who chooses the right device and the best settings?
Dr. Seemal Desai, Founder & Medical Director, Innovative Dermatology, PA, Plano, T
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY