Fashion Week may come and go like a blur of sequined gowns, but the trends it triggers have a ripple effect for months. During New York City’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, notable and established designers as well as young rising stars presented their Spring/Summer 2013 lines at Lincoln Center, MILK Studios, and other trendy venues. Backstage, nearly all the big names in beauty were hard at work—making up, touching up, and styling the models.
As for the trends, there were so many, but the following really caught our eye.
Homage to the 1980s: Both makeup artists and hairstylists alike sought inspiration from the 1980s to create contemporary looks. At the Tracy Reese show, hairstylist J
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS