As I stood facing a row of nail polish strips in my local drugstore, contemplating whether to buy the leopard print or lace pattern, I suddenly thought, “How the heck did I get here?” After all, loud nail designs are a major departure for someone who typically gravitates towards sheer pink and nude polishes. It’s not really surprising, though, to anyone who pays the least bit of attention to the beauty industry or pop culture. In the past few years, nail art has gained mass appeal and become a practice that’s impossible to ignore—if not for the eye-catching patterns decorating women’s nails, then for the trend’s ubiquity alone.
Backing away (sloooowly) from the glitzy strips
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS