When most of us think about dermatology, we think skin care products, acne, injectables, and other anti-aging techniques, not necessarily microscopes, skin samples, and pathology, but that is where Clay Cockerell, MD, shines. This specialty is called dermatopathology, and Cockerell, a past president of the American Association of Dermatology, has trained more than 100 dermatopathology fellows in the last 20 years, many of whom are now leaders in this field.
Cockerell, who practices at the University of Texas Southwestern General Dermatology Clinic in Dallas, talked to Beauty in the Bag about this niche and some of the advances that he has helped to pioneer.
1. Tell us a
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS