Combine natural artistic abilities and a passion for creating beautiful smiles and you’ll get Dr. Sivan Finkel, DMD. While in college, Dr. Finkel majored in art alongside his pre-dental requirements, two passions that went hand-in-hand and now guide each of his smile transformations. Today, Dr. Finkel works with his father, Dr. Myron Finkel, who opened The Dental Parlour in New York City in 1971. Both share the same commitment to excellence, providing top dental care to generations of New York families.
Beauty in the Bag spoke with Dr. Finkel about his career as a dentist and what a productive day looks like behind the scenes.
Connect with him on Instagram @drsivanfinkel.
There’s no shortage of cosmetic dentists on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, and yet Saul Pressner DMD, FAGD, stands out from the crowd. His hands-on, sensible approach to smile maintenance has made him something of a celebrity among patients.
Pressner, the current President of Academy of Biomimetic Dentistry, believes in tooth preservation, and aims to avoid painful, invasive and uber-expensive procedures when and where he can. Biomimetic means to copy or mimic nature – and it’s a an approach that is taking root (pun intended).
Beauty In The Bag chatted with Pressner about biomimetic dentistry, smile saboteurs and more.
1. What is Biomimetic Denti
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS