I have old scars from a car accident when I was a child and they never went away. Is there anything that can be done now to make them less noticeable?
Scars are forever, but that doesn’t mean they have to ruin your life. To find out what treatments can work for you, first you need to figure out what kind of scars you have.
Shallow scars resulting from acne and chicken pox can give skin a wavy appearance. Scars that are pigmented, brownish or reddish in color, may respond to Mederma or Bio Oil, over the counter products you can find at the drugstore. Fillers can be used to plum up pitted or ice pick scars, and resurfacing lasers and light devices are well-suited to shallow scars;
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS