I have old scars from a car accident when I was a child and they never went away. Is there anything that can be done now to make them less noticeable?
Scars are forever, but that doesn’t mean they have to ruin your life. To find out what treatments can work for you, first you need to figure out what kind of scars you have.
Shallow scars resulting from acne and chicken pox can give skin a wavy appearance. Scars that are pigmented, brownish or reddish in color, may respond to Mederma or Bio Oil, over the counter products you can find at the drugstore. Fillers can be used to plum up pitted or ice pick scars, and resurfacing lasers and light devices are well-suited to shallow scars;
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS