Salon straightening treatments have been a real game changer for frizz-fighting, with a few short hours in a stylist’s chair shaving cumulative hours off of clients’ daily beauty regimens. Concerns over formaldehyde content prompted a Cosmetic Industry Review, which should conclude this fall. In the meantime, we wanted to give a run-down of our experiences with Brazilian Blowout and Coppola Keratin Complex, two of the biggest names in the arena. We also have some tips for choosing a salon and a stylist when booking a straightening service.
CALLING ALL NATURAL CURLY HEADS
31 DAYS OF NATURAL BEAUTY CONTEST IS OPEN NOW
Are you a curly head and proud? In celebration of all you curlies out there, Curly Nikki.com, a website created as an online “hair therapy session” for those struggling to embrace their naturally curly hair, is sponsoring 31 Days of Natural Beauty this month, complete with daily giveaways.
Prizes include products from some of the top natural brands such as Kinky-Curly, Jane Carter, Carol’s Daughter and Ojon. To enter simply visit www.Curly Nikki.com and click on 31 Days of Natural Beauty. Prizes total more than $6,000 in fabulous curl-specific prizes.
Each entrant will qualify for a chance to wi
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE