Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Accentuating facial contours with highlighting products was a thing long before the Kardashians made it part of our cosmetic lexicon. In the days since different iterations such as contouring (combining lighter and darker shades to enhance facial features) and strobing (essentially extreme highlighting) have been adopted by amateurs.
But if you’re not a pro, take heed… Less is more when it comes to this makeup trend, unless you want to look like a disco ball. The key to looking naturally radiant is light-handed application on spots that are naturally hit with light first (i.e. cheekbones, brow bones, down the center of the nose and just above the lips) since it’s easier to add a bit
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS