Miami plastic surgeon Constantino Mendieta, MD, was talking about butts – and how to enhance them – since before the Kardashian family and their curves took reality TV by storm and even before most rappers started singing their praises.
And he is not surprised about the attention that buttock augmentation procedures are getting today. In fact, he’s been waiting for it. In 2015, there was a 21% increase in butt implants and fat transfer combined, and a 32% increase in buttock lifts, according to statistics compiled yearly by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
And while popular culture has a lot to do with ushering butts into the limelight so to do advances in
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY