Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
May is lots of things to lots of people. To me, it’s when I celebrate my birthday as well as my brother’s, sister’s and daughter’s birthday. It’s when May Day and Cinco de Mayo and Holocaust Remembrance Day and Mother’s Day and Memorial Day are celebrated.
May is also Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and according to recent research from the American Cancer Society 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime with the bulk of that (90%) caused by over exposure to the sun. Sun avoidance, or at least protection, is still your best weapon.
Here, the top tips to keep you covered:
Avoid the sun between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm when the sun is at its highest i
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS