Drop that hot wax! A new study out of Nice, France, turned up a potential downside of bikini waxing. Brazilian waxing and other methods of removing pubic hair may increase the risk of catching a certain skin infection through sexual activity, according to this preliminary research.
The study, conducted by two French dermatologists and a global health researcher from Emory University at a private health clinic in France was published in the sister publication of the British Medical Journal called Sexually Transmitted Infections. It looked into the relationship between pubic hair removal (excluding laser treatments) and the increase of Molluscum contagiosum, a minor pox virus that causes
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS