As a former acne sufferer, I know the devastating effects of breakouts. It’s not just the unattractive spots and the physical scars they leave behind—acne is also associated with low self esteem and a feeling of helplessness. The good news is your acne can be treated and managed, and in some cases even cured.
In case you don’t know, acne occurs when your pores become clogged and inflamed. Pimple formation depends on the presence of oil and dead skin cells (to clog) and bacteria (to infect and inflame). Therefore, acne fighting ingredients generally work by combating oil, encouraging skin cell turnover (in other words, promoting exfoliation), or killing bacteria. There are a lot of
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY