Here’s some beauty news you can sleep on.
New research out of University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio showed that the better quality sleep we get, the better our skin will look.
The study, commissioned by Estée Lauder, showed that poor sleepers had older looking skin, and were slower to rebound from a variety of skin stressors such as exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Poor sleepers also thought they looked more aged than their counterparts who reported better sleep. The research was presented at the International Investigative Dermatology Meeting in Edinburgh, Scotland.
“Sleep deprived women show signs of premature skin aging and a decrease in their
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS