On May 2, the members of the FDA’s General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel gave their nod to Allergan’s Juvéderm® Voluma® XC for the correction of age-related volume loss in the midface. Although Voluma still has to get through the FDA clearance phase, a recommendation from its advisory panel is a good sign. Voluma is well positioned to be the first NEW wrinkle filler to be launched in the US market in 2013, although it is already approved in 65 countries, including Canada.
So what’s new about Voluma? The name says it all. Voluma is intended to add volume to creases, deep folds, and areas in need of enhancement, such as cheeks and chins. It is used in Canada and Europe to r
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY