Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Two little words no woman ever wants to hear in the same sentence are: breast implants and cancer.
After several years of news stories and debate, BIOCELL textured breast implants and tissue expanders made by Allergan under the Natrelle brand were voluntarily recalled. Regrettably, these specific implants have been linked to a rare type of lymphoma known as BIA-ALCL or breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. To date, 573 cases have been reported and 481 of these cases were linked to Allergan Biocell implants, according to the FDA.
Sadly, there were 33 deaths among these cases. The FDA also explains that textured breast implants are less common in the U.S. compared to
Diana Seo’s business trajectory is truly inspiring. In four short years, she has gone from giving individualized facials in the rooms of guests staying at the The Soho Grand Hotel in New York City, to running two B-Spa Bars in boutique hotels, and a spa/salon in Westchester county. A biophysics graduate that gravitated toward combining Eastern and Western treatment philosophies, Diana initially started to develop facials to treat her own acne. Her journey started as a medical consultant for plastic surgeon Charles Thorne, MD, to researching ingredients to detox the body, to earning certification from Atelier Esthétique, which allows her to practice in 39 countries.
Facials from the B
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS