Along with crow’s feet, brown spots and pimples, at the top of every woman’s major skin complaints are open pores the size of a J R Ewing’s oil wells. Pores get larger and more visible as skin ages and loses the resiliency that keeps pores tight and small. Genetics, sun exposure and hormones don’t help. Until recently, peels and microdermabrasions were the ‘go to’ pore purging treatments, but now fractional lasers are stepping up as an effective remedy.
A new study from Solta Medical explored the effects the Clear + Brilliant fractional laser has on pores, skin texture and overall skin appearance. This marks the first study to date to measure the effects of a fractional laser on facial
Get your clean on with this week’s GORGEOUS GIVEAWAY. We have 3 bottles of Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser (a $32 value) to give to our lucky winners thanks to the generous folks at FabNab, an online site with daily deals on fashion, accessories, beauty and more.
Perfect for anyone coping with acne or problem skin, the cleanser features activated charcoal to gently draw out impurities in the skin. It removes dirt, oil, and even makeup without stripping the skin’s moisture level. Plus, it’s formulated with organic and natural ingredients that are completely vegan – a big plus for our eco-conscious beauty buffs.
To Enter: Tell us your favorite use for char
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS