Niacinamide is an effective skincare ingredient that just keeps giving. A component of vitamin B3, it has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, stimulate microcirculation in the dermis, fight acne, and lighten skin discolorations. It is a potent cell-communicating ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin.
A form of niacin, known as nicotinic acid (related to niacinamide), was first found in the NIA24 skincare line. Unlike niacinamide and nicotinamide, nicotinic acid stimulates the release of
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY