If you suffer from dry skin, eczema or dermatitis you know how rough winter can be on the skin of your body, as well as your face. Thankfully with a little bit of awareness, a few good products and a few simple guidelines, you can ease that itch.
“What you want to do is treat any inflammation and bring the skin’s barrier function into balance,” said dermatologist Dr. Joshua Zeichner, director of cosmetic and clinical research, Department of Dermatology at Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Manhattan.
“Moisturizers help skin to work as well as it possibly can,” he added. One good option is Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Moisturizer ($14.99), which treats the itch with somethin
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS