Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
As far an anti-aging products go, few have been as extensively researched—and dermatologist recommended—as retinol. These members of the vitamin A family have a bevy of beauty benefits for the skin, including accelerating cellular turnover, increasing collagen production and improving the appearance of dark spots and discoloration.
According to Miami dermatologist, Leslie Baumann, MD, the anti-aging effects of retinoids (retinol’s prescription-based sibling) were discovered in the 1970s, when the ingredient was in FDA trials for treating acne. “Dr. Albert Kligman (who coined the term “cosmeceutical”) and his partner Dr. Jim Leyden noticed that their research subjects had less
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS