Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
As far an anti-aging products go, few have been as extensively researched—and dermatologist recommended—as retinol. These members of the vitamin A family have a bevy of beauty benefits for the skin, including accelerating cellular turnover, increasing collagen production and improving the appearance of dark spots and discoloration.
According to Miami dermatologist, Leslie Baumann, MD, the anti-aging effects of retinoids (retinol’s prescription-based sibling) were discovered in the 1970s, when the ingredient was in FDA trials for treating acne. “Dr. Albert Kligman (who coined the term “cosmeceutical”) and his partner Dr. Jim Leyden noticed that their research subjects had less
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY
- MEET JILLIAN BRIDGETTE COHEN – CEO & FOUNDER OF VIRTUAL HEALTH PARTNERS